Tuesday, 3 January 2012

Is it me or...

T.V. Shows are degrading, as less effort is needed to entertain the general populous that watches T.V?

It seems so; having grown up with many classics, I've witnessed the degradation first-hand. To be honest, how can people stand with today's television? I know I sure can't.

Once upon a time, effort was put into television, ya' know? Made it more worthwhile to watch. I used to be so excited when Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles would play. (Growing up in the U.K, they were called Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles.)

That's besides the point... I regret saying, but a lot of now-a-day's television seems like a marketing scheme to get people to get stuff. I may seem to be blabbering on at the moment, but this is something I can't bear to witness.

A couple of examples being: Reality T.V; 16 & Pregnant (with it's terrible acting), Genie in the House (Cheap idea, bad acting... etc...).

To be honest, I could go on for days; just tell me what you think.

As always, 

Love Joey.

24 comments:

  1. Yeah TVs getting pretty crappy. 16 and pregnant is pretty painful to watch. Interesting trivia about the Hero Turtles I didn't know that. Loved that show when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nothing but a bucketful of truth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember when the History channel was more about history and less about ice trucking / logging / coal mining reality show garbage? Those were the good old days...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alex, I agree :), I hate this new crap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of the reasons why I don't watch TV anymore. Another is that it stops me from doing whatever I want to do day by day. Plus a lot of my peers revel in these pathetic excuses for programs, where image is more important than substance.

    My parents were right to call watching TV a waste of time.

    BTW Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Creativity has died and original content has all but disappeared completely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. TV is a waste of time. From time to time I'll catch myself watching TV shows on DVD (TVDs) but that's only after I've heard good things about it from people I trust.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to agree, TV is just ridiculous now. I enjoy educational shows, but man, its hard to find those now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't even watch TV anymore. It's all mind melting drama. Even once reputable stations like the history channel are doing bullshit reality shows about aliens, ghosts and a pawn shop.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I stopped watching tv a few years ago, I have things I would rather be doing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This post is all over it man...i cant stand tv today! its so sad that "reality" tv is degeading it even more ;(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tv has become nothing but a waste of time, most shows are not even enjoyable. I only watch a few shows sometimes, like tosh.0, adventure time and big bang theory. I can at least tolerate these shows.

    ReplyDelete
  13. hey nice post, brought up an interesting topic on tv. will continue to follow and read.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I miss TMNT, The movies were awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. yes they are! i don't want tv.. but i do watch a lot of internet vids.. hmm

    ReplyDelete
  16. There's a reason that I don't watch T.V.

    ReplyDelete
  17. No I feel the same way as you. Few shows have good value anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yep, i can totally agree with you on that point. TV entertainment keeps losing quality and it tends to be more and more cheaply produced.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I barely watch any TV now, I just can't stand it. I agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I agree to be honest, the integrity has gone down. Just rushed, money grabbing "ideas"

    ReplyDelete